When relocating to Rome to look for professional job opportunities, you must have a valid passport and ID, if you are an EU-national. EU-citizens are not required to apply for work permits to look for a job. Non-EU nationals must apply for a Permesso di Lavoro, which is a residence permit allowing them to stay longer than 90 days. For more details on the application process and requirements for the visa, refer to the section ‘You have a job and need to relocate’ in this guide.