Italy allows EU nationals and non-EU foreigners to work for short periods or internships (paid or free). Although there is no specific visa for those seeking an internship, non-EU citizens can apply for a resident permit or student visa. More details on these two types of visas can be found in the sections ‘You have a job and need to relocate’ or ‘You want to study’ in this guide.