It is very rare to have a live-in housekeeper in Chicago. What is common is to have one housekeeper or a team of two or more who come every week, every other week or once a month to clean up your house or apartment.
Care is an online provider for child care, tutoring, senior care, pet care and, of course, housekeeping. Just type your ZIP code and you will get a list of available housekeepers in your neighborhood. You will have to subscribe to Care.com to be able to reach them.
- Free Basic: Limited access to housekeeper profiles.
- Premium (1 month): $30, unlimited access to all housekeepers and free background checks.
- Premium (3 months for the price of 2): $60, unlimited access to all housekeepers and free background checks.
- Premium (12 months for the price of 4): $120, unlimited access to all housekeeper and free background checks.
In addition to this subscription, you will have obviously to pay the housekeeper you selected. Prices range between $15 and 25$ per hour according to the given tasks.
Little Helpers: http://www.little-helpers.com/index.html
The basic cleaning package prices are as following:
- 3 hours minimum required for one maid at $30 per hour
- 2.5 hours required for two maids at $60 per hour, $90 per hour if three maids.
This company provides other services such as move in/out cleaning, construction cleaning, carpet shampoo, furniture assembly, errand service.
Workforce Cleaning: http://www.workforcecleaning.com/index.php
Their weekly or bi-weekly housekeeping rates start at $55 per clean for a studio, $60 for a 1-bedroom, $75 for a 2-bedroom, and $90 for a 3-bedroom.
Another good way to find a trustable housekeeper is word of mouth. Ask your neighbors or the mothers at your children’s school. They probably hire housekeepers or maids on a punctual or regular basis.