Portugal Expat Country Guide
Visitors to Portugal are enchanted by its friendly people, spectacular coastline, and artistic architecture.
This southern European country is on the Iberian Peninsula and has borders with Spain that have remained unchanged since 1297. Portugal is one of Europe’s oldest countries.
Portugal has its coastline with the Atlantic Ocean that ensures dramatic cliffs and beaches. Unlike the warm Mediterranean waters of Spain, swimming in Portugal is a fresh, cold affair. Further south on the Algarve, you will find the warmer waters and a more Mediterranean climate, despite not being on the Mediterranean.
The two largest cities in Portugal are Lisbon, the capital, and Porto to the north. Both these cities have grown and greatly flourished in the last decade as more and more foreigners are making their homes in this picturesque and friendly country. Digital Nomads and retirees alike are discovering the delights of living and working in the very welcoming Portugal. From low-cost living to stunning nature and impressive architecture, Portugal might be your next expat destination.
Recent article comments
- Jane Whisler I can’t see a way a kid could survive all this without getting an anxiety “disorder”. Glad there’s a forum for us.
- Jane Whisler Exactly. Often praised as being “adaptable”, well yes, we had no choice and I agree that that was because a sense of self was long gone. Sure, I appreciated see the museums and castles but that...
- Jane Whisler This all rings true to me. 7 years moving between Europe and the States did a number on both myself and my brothers lives. Last stop at 14 in Geneva was fun for us both, the International school was a...
- LawAbidingExpat “ Why is that? Are you planning to earn some money and hide it from your home country's tax service.” The vast majority of Americans who live and work outside of the US need bank accounts local...
- Martinwarth schneider am martin living currently in uganda i need advice on how much is the rent , job state in southafrica , food there planning to relocate there need help please