Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ExpatInfoDesk
    Keymaster

Posted by Isla Emsley , 1 reply

Our family all hold British passports, and since moving to the US have now become citizens and hold US passports. My son is going into the US Navy, Special Forces and is required to renounce his British citizenship in order to serve in Special Forces. We sent all forms/application to Liverpool 7 weeks ago, they have now taken the processing fee out our bank account but what we cannot find out is when will we get confirmation that the process is completed. My son is very anxious to get his career moving but cannot sign any contract with the US Navy without his renunciation proof. Can anyone help as to how long it takes. Thank-you for your time and any info at all you can provide.

1 reply

George

Isla,

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a specified time-frame as to how long it will take for your application to be processed, in our FAQ to relinquishing your British passport ( http://www.expatinfodesk.com/expat-guide/relinquishing-citizenshi… ) it is recommended that you call them to find out how long it is currently taking.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

George

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.