Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ExpatInfoDesk
    Keymaster

Posted by Arak , 1 reply

I write in relation to the above mentioned. I am currently attending school here in Brussels pursuing a Masters at the Brussels School of International Studies (BSIS), University of Kent. I have been here since 2013, and my stay is to conclude this year on the third week of September.

However, I recently had an interview with an NGO that is interested in having me join their organisation for a 6 month internship, that would require me to extend my stay to the month of December ( an additional 3 months).

This would be an invaluable opportunity for me to go along side my Masters degree. Any assistance and advice as to how I could get a three month extension would be highly appreciated. Kindly assist.

1 reply

George

Hello,

This depends on the type of visa you have as some are extendable and others generally aren’t unless in circumstances unforeseeable at the time of the visa application. All visa extension questions must be addressed at the municipality in your place of residence in Belgium. Upon your arrival in Belgium you will have registered with your local municipality, and you should have been issued with a certificate of arrival that states whether your visa may be extended by the municipality or not.

To request more information, contact the municipality where you are staying or the Immigration Services Visa Extension Department.

George

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.