There really is nowhere on earth quite like Africa and the Middle East. The strong allure of the region lies in its fascinating history and distinctive culture, and expatriates living in this part of the world will enjoy a unique opportunity to experience raw beauty seamlessly integrated with a world that sometimes appears to be lost in time.
Where else in the world can you experience vast arid deserts inhabited by nomadic Bedouin, witness breathtaking views of wildlife basking on the sun-drenched plains and roam vast game parks? Where else can you wander through ancient ruins, from the miraculous pyramids to the elaborately adorned mosques; witness the legacies of Egyptian, Islamic, Christian, Persian and Roman civilizations or browse bustling medieval bazaars packed full of spirited people peddling their wares of exotic spices, beautifully handcrafted tapestries and local delicacies?
Living in Africa and the Middle East is not without its challenges. Strict local laws and religious and cultural sensitivities can represent a minefield to the uneducated expatriate and life can be challenging and frustrating at times. However, despite what you may have heard, Africa is not a living nightmare of war, crime and disease and life in the Middle East does not necessary represent a life following strict laws that leave very little room for fun and enjoyment. Life in this continent can be amazing and, providing you remain respectful of the laws and customs and take the necessary steps to protect your safety, you will find that living in this area of the world is exciting, enlightening, fascinating and intriguing.
If you are relocating to Africa or the Middle East, fasten your seatbelt and be prepared for an experience that will change your entire life.
Unlock the splendor of this surprising continent with our expatriate guides.
Visit our country pages
Recent article comments
- Michael Bourke I am about to turn 50 and am thinking of relocating my life to the country of my birth, can I obtain citzenship having been born in Vietnam in 1973? I was adopted to Australia as an infant but my...
- berry snow i am dying to move to south korea when i am older (i want to go about 18 ys old) and i have been watching kdramas for years i really enjoy them 1000/10 and i am in love with bts and kpop, i really...
- humanlabrat What is a good rental website that has English support?
- Kennedy Gary Hey petra Eva! have you traveled to South Africa?
- Bobby Hadley I'm moving to Cebu in the Philippines I currently bank with chase bank what's the best option for this