List of resources websites for expats in London.
Useful Governments & News
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/london – Online news, travel, weather, entertainment, sport.
- http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ – The official British Government website for visa services.
- https://www.gov.uk – The government gateway for all types of information.
- http://www.tfl.gov.uk – Plan your journey or find out when the last tube will arrive at your local station. All transport maps are also available here.
- http://www.timeout.com/london – Plan your weekend using the Time Out online guide to what’s happening in the capital. Read film, pub, and art show reviews first.
- http://www.toptable.com – Review London restaurants and book a table online.
- http://www.allinlondon.co.uk – Find out what’s on in London and buy tickets for Blood Brothers or Chicago.
- http://www.gumtree.com – Find love, a television, and an apartment in London – all in one place!
- http://www.movethat.co.uk – Another London classifieds site.
- http://www.reed.co.uk – Find a new job in London. Thousands of job listings in many fields are on Reed.
- https://www.deliverance.co.uk – Order excellent food to be delivered to your door. Respected chefs make food from around the world and update the menu each season.
- http://www.expat-blog.com/en/directory/europe/england/london/ – A compilation of blogs under one roof.
- http://www.mumsnet.com/ – Best site for information and frank, open discussions for mothers.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_differences – if you are coming from abroad, you should check this Wikipedia page, which might explain a thing or two.