Home to fascinating customs, unique landscapes, ancient heritage and exotic cuisines, India is a mystifying package of culture and chaos that captivates even the most skeptical visitor.
Those who are willing to step out of their comfort zone and explore the real India will be rewarded with extraordinary experiences—from the palm-fringed beaches of Goa to the snow-capped mountains of Manali, the serene temples of Varanasi to the hectic streets of Mumbai, the remote Southern Indian jungles to the advanced computer labs of Hyderbad—the country has a diverse and multidimensional landscape that can be found nowhere else on earth.
Expatriates living in India can expect a sensory wave that both enchants and overwhelms. From the energetic street markets, multicolored festivals and vibrant people, through to the poverty, corruption and mindless pollution; good or bad, India promises to be exciting and thrilling one minute and terrifying or frustrating the next.
While English is the lingua franca for business as India and expatriates will find it relatively easy to communicate at a high level with the locals, living in India is by no means easy. Expect culture shock, customs and traditions that you cannot understand and ways of working that you probably won’t agree with. However, it is within these differences that the beauty of experiencing life in a country that is so different lies. Experience life in India and you will learn about yourself, the deeper truth about the real India and what is really important in life.
If you’re considering living in India, the Expat Info Desk may be just what you need. Our expatriate guides to Indian cities cut through the chaos to offer reliable advice, practical hints and tips and useful resources that will help you to settle into your new home with the minimum fuss.
Be prepared for an intense experience in this enchanting and dynamic land.
Recent article comments
- berry snow i am dying to move to south korea when i am older (i want to go about 18 ys old) and i have been watching kdramas for years i really enjoy them 1000/10 and i am in love with bts and kpop, i really...
- humanlabrat What is a good rental website that has English support?
- Kennedy Gary Hey petra Eva! have you traveled to South Africa?
- Bobby Hadley I'm moving to Cebu in the Philippines I currently bank with chase bank what's the best option for this
- Roland Webster How did you get on? My wife and I are thinking of doing exactly the same and have the same questions. Could you please help us Thank you. Roland.