• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #87865

    Posted by StephenUK,  1 reply

    I am making enquiries on behalf of my 90 year old mother who is currently visiting my sister in Vancouver. My sister is married to a Canadian and has lived there for 40 years or so and my mother is hoping to extend her stay indefinitely.

    The immediate problem lies not with obtaining an extension to her visa, but with getting adequate health insurance cover. I was hoping that you might be able to help in this regard, perhaps by recommending companies either in the UK or Canada which we might approach with a relatively good chance of getting suitable cover.

    I imagine that this is not a new problem and one to which someone must hold the answer, but my initial enquiries with Aviva and Bupa have been discouraging.


    1 reply


    Try contacting sun life insurance in canada. They are a private insurance that even Canadians use to purchase to cover any expenses that care card doesn’t. You may even want to contact care card BC for additional private insurance companies for coverage. They are all pretty much the same

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.