Posted by Chrisoz 18th July 2018 13:34 GMT, 0 repliesFilters: USA Tax

My husband is American born & immigrated here to Australia 16yrs ago to marry me (I’m Australian born & bred citizen). Approximately 13yrs ago he became an Australian Citizen.
We’ve recently been investigating the possibility of moving to USA due to the failing health of his Mum. We’ve been reading all this stuff on taxes & IRS.
He’s never filed a USA return since immigrating to Australia because he has Australian citizenship, even has an Australian Passport since his American passport expired years ago.
We’re quite confused now, has he been misinformed? Should he have been filing all these years?
What are the implications is we did move there with regard to irs?

There are currently no replies for this topic, be the first to write one.

Post reply

Comment as a guest

Your comment will always be moderated though. Why not register?

Already registered? Sign-in

If you've already got an account with us you can sign-in below.

Please note we reserve the right to moderate all topics and replies posted.

Back to top