Tagged: ,

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #88418

    Posted by Ferrovia , 3 replies

    My current USA Credit Union has changed hands and I am now dissatisfied with it’s services. Is it possible to open an account with another US bank from outside the country and without a US mailing address? If so, I would appreciate any recommendations. I live in Italy.

    3 replies

    I think your biggest issue will be not having a US mailing address, without one I doubt any US bank will allow you to open an account whether you’re resident in the US or not.

    Normally I would recommend speaking to a US bank that has international presence in the country you’re living but it seems that most of the big ones don’t seem any retail banking in Italy.

    Unfortunately you might only be able to solve this when you’re on a trip back to the US.



    Hi George, thanks for your answer.


    I worked for a bank in USA and you can in fact open a bank account online for some banks. Try the larger banks such as Chase Bank, BOfA or Wells Fargo.
    You will be required to fax photo Id you are not required to have a soc sec card (tax Id) if you open a savings account. Also it is NOT required to have a USA mailing address)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.