Posted by RobinT 19th January 2016 12:33 GMT, 1 replyFilters: United Kingdom Tax

I was born in USA, but my parents are British and I have always lived in Britain since the age of 1. I therefore hold both US and UK citizenship. I have just finished being a student and have therefore started to earn money in UK. I now earn around the equivalent of $50,000 USD per year in the UK. I was wondering whether I need to pay any tax in USA? I have read documentation on the IRS website, but it is confusing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest15th February 2016 19:12 GMT

You should be okay at 50k USD per year. I think the threshold is around 90k.
Read here for more.
Post reply

Comment as a guest

Your comment will always be moderated though. Why not register?

Already registered? Sign-in

If you've already got an account with us you can sign-in below.

Please note we reserve the right to moderate all topics and replies posted.

Back to top