Tagged: ,

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #88409

    Posted by Dean, 4 replies

    I am an Englishman married to a Singapore lady and we want to live in Singapore. She has her own flat where we will live. Will I need qualifications for a high level job or can I work any job in Singapore. Please let me know what I need to do to live in Singapore.

    4 replies



    Firstly do you wish to apply for Singaporean citizenship or permanent residency, if you do your spouse can sponsor you:

    Citizenship application: http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=132&secid=130
    Application for permanent residence: http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=151&secid=150

    If not may apply for a for Long-Term Visit Pass, these were updated in 2012 and have quite a few rules attached:

    Announcement: http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12665
    Application details: http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175
    FAQs: http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ica/apps/fcd_faqmain.aspx?qst=2fN7e274RAp%…

    Unfortunately the rules are quite varied as to whether you’re eligible for one of these passes, for example whether you have children or not plays a factor. You will need to apply for an employment pass separately before you do this though.

    You can find out more information below:



    Dean Sharples

    I will apply for pr and my wife can sponsor me but I am unclear about the work situation. Am I required to find a job in SIngapore for my application to be accepted. I earn money working from home and my wife has her pension so she can support us both if need be. Also we will have over s$100,000 in savings and we own a flat in SIngapore. I would also like to know how long the pr will last before I have to renew?


    According the documentation supplied with the application for permanent residency forms it seems that you may not need to find a job in Singapore though this may depend on the salary/income of your spouse:


    “6. (b) Work Pass of applicant, if any.”

    “6. (i) Employer’s letter from sponsor and applicant (if applicable) stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the last 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month (see item 7 below). The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission.”

    The other points in this document may help give guidance as to the exact rules short of speaking to an immigration lawyer.
    This reply was edited by a moderator at 19th August 2013 08:21 GMT00


    hi check this link hope it helps


Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.