Tagged: ,

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #87591

    Posted by Roly , 1 reply

    I am no longer working as I have a long term illness. I want to move to the US in the near future and do not know what tax related issues will exist.
    Points to note:
    1. I am still employed by a UK company and taxed in the UK on my earnings.
    2. I have previously lived in the US and was employed on a secondment to a US company from the UK parent.

    I am told that as I am unable to work I can live anywhere but understand that in the US there is a tax treaty between US and UK.

    Could anyone give any general advise on this ?
    thanks for any help you can give.

    1 reply

    Hi there!

    There is a tax treaty between the UK and US. Basically you get to choose where you are taxed. You can read more about it here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/united-kingdom-uk-tax-treaty-documents

    PS: Let me know if you have other questions.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.