Tagged: ,

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #87600

    Posted by leizel , 1 reply

    I am NY State resident, and will be working in Russia 2 weeks per month. Do I pay NYS taxes on this income? Do I pay taxes to Russia, as well?

    Thank you.


    1 reply

    There is a tax treaty between the US and Russia. You can read more about it here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/russia-tax-treaty-documents

    In your situation, you will have to pay NY state income tax because you will be considered a resident. For Russia, you may have to pay taxes on portion of your income, however, with the tax treaty, that will be minimal.

    Let me know if you have other questions.


Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.