Tagged: ,

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #88546

    Posted by Jennifer, 1 reply

    My husband works for a company that is based in the USA. We are US citizens. We receive our income from a USA based company and do all our banking in the USA. His company’s Japanese counterpart is insisting that we get resident visas because we will have a home in Japan (which the Japanese counterpart is paying for) as part of his compensation package. He will be in and out of the country frequently and I plan to leave every 90 days. Do we have to get resident visas? Will we have to pay Japanese taxes?

    1 reply

    Given the complex nature of your questions it will probably be best speaking either to a tax advisor or visa specialist in Japan about your situation. The US embassy in Tokyo has a list of advisors on its website:


    We also have companies listed in our Expat Directory who deal with US taxes:


    The following link may explain better how Japanese taxes and residency work:


Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.