Posted by Easyrider 23rd October 2012 01:56 GMT, 1 replyFilters: Global Tax

I am a US citizen and have been working for a UK company for the past two years. In that time they opened a US office and during the past year I have spent time working there. I have since realized that I will have to pay US taxes long before I will be able to reclaim any of the UK taxes that I am currently paying. The company has made no attempt to support me in this. Do I have any legal ground to stand on? Any help would be much appreciated.

George24th October 2012 20:55 GMT

Unfortunately this is difficult for us to give a proper answer as individual circumstances can be very different. As to whether you have any legal ground or not I would imagine the most likely comes down to the contract that you negotiated with the company and what it states their obligations are. You may find some helpful information in our Expat's Manual:…

Post reply

Comment as a guest

Your comment will always be moderated though. Why not register?

Already registered? Sign-in

If you've already got an account with us you can sign-in below.

Please note we reserve the right to moderate all topics and replies posted.

Back to top