• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ExpatInfoDesk
    Keymaster

Posted by Fabrizio , 0 replies

Dear all,

I don´t know who to ask that , I hope you can help me.

I was living in Germany since 1st of July 2013 and I will leave Würzburg on the 31st of July but I have a contract as main tenant of an apartment until 2016 and on the contract there is written:

Es handelt sich um einen allgemeinen Mietvertrag von unbestimmeter Dauer. Das Mietverhältnis beginnt am 01.11.2013. Das Recht zur ordentlichen Kündigung wird ausdrüklich für beide Parteien bis 31.10.2016 ausgeschlossen. Danach kann das Mietverhältnis von jeder Partei ordentlich gekündigt werden. Die Kündigungfrist beträgt drei Monate. Nach fünfjähriger Vertragsdauer verlängert sich die Kündigungsfrist für den Vermieter von drei auf sechs Monate und nach achtjähriger Vertragsdauer von sechs auf neun Monate.

Die Kündigung muss schriftlich erfolgen.

Das Mietverhältnis kann im beiderseitigen Einvernehmen vorzeitig beendet werden, wenn der Vermieter einen vom Mieter gestellten adäquaten Nachmieter akzeptiert.

For that I would like to understand if for me is convenient to send them the letter as soon as possible or I have first to find someone else to take the room. I know it is not hard to find a new person but in the worst case I don´t find anyone, should I pay the rent until 2016? Or how does it work? These 3 months of advice how do they work?

Thanks a lot,
    Fabrizio

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.