Vietnam is an area of the world that is famous for many things: spirituality, a war-torn history and beautiful landscape and scenery. It is a country that is associated with friendly and welcoming people, interesting food, quaint ways of living and stunning natural beauty. Expatriates who call Vietnam home will experience a mind-blowing way of life that will broaden your perspectives and change your outlook.
The majority of expats who relocate to Vietnam will be based in the city regions of the country and will experience a life that is full of hustle, bustle and energetic life. A full on assault on the senses can be expected and relocatees should be prepared for chaotic traffic, noise, air pollution, crowds, unreliable utilities and congestion.
However, those looking to escape the chaos and enjoy some of Vietnam’s more basic charms will not be disappointed. Many expats are attracted to life in this fascinating country by the landscape and stunning natural scenery that is on offer throughout the region. From the beautiful green rice fields, to the stunning Mekong Delta, to the impressive landscape located right outside the cities, Vietnam really is a country that has been blessed by nature. Those who are fortunate to explore this area of the world can enjoy white-sand beaches, roam busy street markets, trek around the beautiful mountainous region of Sapa, or get off the beaten track and explore some of the sleepy villages in the countryside, whatever it is you choose to do, you won’t be disappointed.
Relocation to a foreign city can be a complex and emotionally draining process. The key to a smooth transition is knowing where to find the amenities you need from home while discovering new things to enjoy in your adopted home. Our expatriate guides to living in Vietnam contain everything you need to know to relocate to Vietnam with the minimum hassle and stress.
Vietnam really is an enticing destination that should not be missed; go there with the Expat Info Desk.
Learn more on our Hanoi Expatriate City Guide
Recent article comments
- Darshan Please share your experience.
- Darshan Please share your experience. I am in the same situation.
- Darshan Hi, I am in the same situation. Please share your experience.
- Darshan Hi, I am in the same situation so I wanted to know about your experience by traveling to India with Indian Passport after aquiring foreign citizenship. Please share your experience.
- Darshan Hi Vinay, I am in the same situation so I wanted to know about your experience by traveling to India with Indian Passport after aquiring foreign citizenship. Please share your experience.