Live-in household help is uncommon in Vancouver—the exception is that some busy families might hire a live-in nanny to help with the children — although many people do employ housekeepers or some type of cleaning service. Reputable cleaning services employ a fleet of maids/cleaners who will come to your home in pairs or teams, and clean your house from top to bottom, as often as you would like. Such maids/cleaners are usually bonded and insured and have undergone extensive background and criminal checks. There are several reputable companies offering this kind of service in Vancouver.
The Maids Home Services — http://www.maids.com/franchise/Burnaby/127.aspx
Specializing in green cleaning to improve the quality of your health, offering comprehensive cleaning services along with additional services that you might want performed periodically.
5138 Victory Street
Phone: (604) 435-6243
With more than 600 locations throughout North America, Merry Maids offers comprehensive cleaning services, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or one-time.
535 West 57th Avenue
Vancouver BC V6P 1R8
Mop-N-Bucket Residential Cleaning Service — http://www.mop-n-bucket.com/
A full-service cleaning company, Mop-N-Bucket offers 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
By phone: (604) 779-2504
Green Maids Canada Professional Cleaning Services — http://greenmaidscanada.com/
A green, eco-friendly cleaning service, Green Maids Canada offer comprehensive cleaning services for your home or office, as often as you like.
- Housecleaning—$70/hour, tax included, team of two people
- Move-Out Cleaning—one-bedroom home, two hours, professional carpet cleaning included, $200
- Two-bedroom home, three hours, professional carpet cleaning included, $300
- Three-bedroom home, four hours, professional carpet cleaning included, $400
Humberto Brinez (Manager)
Vancouver, BC. Canada
Linda’s Cleaning Specialties — http://www.lindascleaning.ca/
Comprehensive cleaning services specializing in a personalized approach to cleaning your home.
$33/hour, including supplies
Contact Linda Zindler
Domestic Assistants — http://www.domesticassistants.ca/.
Offering housecleaning, pet sitting, house sitting, carpet cleaning, laundry services, curtain cleaning, packing services, painting services, and professional buyer services.
$42/hour (scheduled cleaning $40/hour)
5 – 2130 York Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6K 1C3 CANADA
Some households do require more than a weekly cleaning service. Perhaps your needs might include daily household help. In this case, there are agencies specializing in placing household staff.
Not Just Nannies — http://www.notjustnannies.net/
Specializing in live-out staff, placing housekeepers, household managers, and personal assistants.
- Household Managers: For families that need an extra set of expert hands to multi-task through-out the day between childcare, driving, household chores, errands, groceries, cooking, cleaning and overseeing just about anything!
- House Keepers: We place full-time and part-time professional house keepers that are child friendly and happy to make the house their focus while enjoying working in an environment with children. We make sure that our house keepers enjoy the instant gratification quality cleaning has to offer and don’t mind the repetitive cleaning tasks that come with a house full of kids!
Tel: 604-723 – 5683
Ace Personnel Domestic Services — http://www.acepersonnel.ca/
Placing experienced, qualified, and reliable caregivers/elderly care and skilled homemakers.
- Our experienced caregiver/elderly care services provide personalized in home care services and home health care support to seniors and people with disabilities in the comfort of their own home. Providing compassion and dignity to enhance the quality of life.
- Tailored to the client’s specific needs, the focus of homemakers is to provide housekeeping, laundry, and cooking services. Homemakers maintain the home, taking away the stress of difficult chores, and provide meal preparation and management that can result in a healthier diet, allowing the client more freedom.
521 West 57th Avenue
Vancouver, BC (Located in Langara Gardens at the corner of 57th Ave. and Cambie St.
beside the Royal Bank)
Phone: 604-321-2778 or 604-263-9140
Diamond Personnel— http://www.diamondpersonnel.com/Nanny-Vancouver.html
One of Vancouver’s top household staffing agencies, Diamond Personnel specializes in live-in, live-out staff and provides the following services:
- Housekeepers Diamond Housekeepers have experience cleaning homes and are familiar with maintenance and care of finer items. Duties range from daily maintenance to heavy cleaning, laundry and cooking. Diamond housekeepers are available full time live in or live out. Diamond housekeepers are detailed and proactive. Housekeeper’s salaries are typically $15-$18 per hour.
- Estate Managers An Estate Manager functions as the director of a large property or multiple residences. Estate managers supervise household staff and must have experience in human resources, management and event planning. Estate managers must have a business degree or training program, social etiquette and interpersonal skills. A strong understanding of technology is required. The compensation for an estate manager is $85,000-$150,00 per year plus benefits
- Household Managers/ Butlers A Household Manager ensures the smooth and orderly running of a household. They manage daily schedules and duties of all household staff and arrange external services and work with maintenance companies to ensure the proper functioning of the household. They may also be required to provide hands on services. Duties include budgeting, keeping supplies stocked, making travel arrangements, maintaining care of employers valuables, planning events, running errands. They may manage the house alone or under the supervision of an estate manager. They possess previous household management experience and may be professionally certified. Compensation is between $50-80,000 per year plus benefits
- House Couples A house couple may serve in either a formal or informal setting. Each person will have a separate role which may be a combination of nanny, housekeeper, grounds keeper, household manager, chauffeur, or handyman. Couples may live on the premises or off site. The salary range is dependent upon experience and duties. Salaries are generally in the $60-150,000 per year.
- Personal Assistant A Personal Assistant would manage the personal, professional and household affairs of her employer. Candidates provide administrative, travel and budgeting support. Personal assistants generally have a B.A., excellent oral and written skills and knowledge of social and business protocol. Compensation is $20.00 + per hour
- Chauffeurs Chauffeurs provide transportation for their employer and family. Candidates must have an excellent driving record and experience. They are professional, friendly and have excellent social etiquette skills. Chauffeurs are responsible for all aspects of the care of the cars. Compensation is $50,000 +