There aren’t many countries with so many different contrasting faces. There aren’t many – if any – countries this geographically diverse. There aren’t many countries that so spectacularly encompass Eastern European grandeur. There aren’t many countries this profanely rich, and yet so unspeakably poor. There aren’t many countries with so much snow and ice, or so much vodka, bureaucracy, contradictions, ambiguities and autocrats. And there certainly aren’t many countries that can claim so much local diversity (150 different ethnic groups). Simply put, there is no place like Russia.
Russia is the biggest country in the world and this bring with it endless possibilities for exploration and adventure. From the pristine waters of the Lake Baikal in Siberia, to the spectacular cities of St. Petersburg and Moscow, the resort-lined beaches of the Black Sea to the deep green braids of theVolga River, Russia is a country packed full of amazing sights and mysteries that are just waiting to be discovered.
Since the end of Communism in the early 90s, Russia has undergone a vast transformation, which continues to this day. As it rebuilds and remodels its economy on the free-market system, it has attracted increasing numbers of expatriates and is rapidly transforming into a land of opportunity for enterprising individuals. Churchill famously described Russia as “a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma” and it remains a destination that expatriates find hard to get their heads around to this day. The Russians themselves may appear quite cold and distant on first meeting but expatriates who preserve will soon find that, in reality, the people of this fascinating land are warm and friendly people.
Our expat guides to cities in Russia are perfect for people who are considering taking the plunge and relocating to this fascinating area of the world. They provide you with all the information you need when moving overseas and are written by expatriates who have first hand experience of living in Russian cities.
Experience life in a country so big and diverse that you will change your entire outlook on life.
Learn more on our Moscow Expatriate City Guide
Recent article comments
- Darshan Please share your experience.
- Darshan Please share your experience. I am in the same situation.
- Darshan Hi, I am in the same situation. Please share your experience.
- Darshan Hi, I am in the same situation so I wanted to know about your experience by traveling to India with Indian Passport after aquiring foreign citizenship. Please share your experience.
- Darshan Hi Vinay, I am in the same situation so I wanted to know about your experience by traveling to India with Indian Passport after aquiring foreign citizenship. Please share your experience.