Big bold, brash and spectacularly diverse, the USA encompasses a wide variety of natural and cultural marvels, from candyfloss-fueled theme parks to mountains, national parks and nature reserves, wild Atlantic coasts and fascinating swamps and marshlands.
Each of the USA’s major cities offers their own unique brand of lifestyle. New York bursts with energy from noon to night, Boston, Washington and Philadelphia are more somber pillars of American history where expats enjoy a modern and enjoyable pace of life, Los Angeles is the place of dreams and new beginnings where daily life can take on a surreal edge, living in Chicago is a study in rich and revealing contrasts and Houston offers a massive concrete jungle with a quintessentially Texas honky-tonk core.
Outside (and inside in some cases) of the major cities, the United States is rich in natural beauty and the US has officially ring-fenced over 700 official wilderness areas that cover an area of over 100 million acres. This means that the USA is an explorer’s paradise and expatriates will find an amazing country to explore right on their doorstep. You can run your luck with the alligators in the murky swamps of the Florida Everglades, perch on the edge of a crater in the Cascades mountain range, venture to a remote trapper’s camp in the wilderness of the Brushkana Creek Valley or take a scenic drive through the Death Valley National Park. Whatever you choose to do, there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy an enriching escape from America’s hectic city life.
The United States is a country that was formed by the pioneers, explorers and immigrants who traveled across countries and continents seeking religious freedom, new lands and prosperity. What remains is the third most populous country in the world and a melting pot of different cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. People from all over the world are attracted to the US in search of their fortune and hoping to experience a piece of the magical charm and glory of this vast country.
If you’re considering relocating to the United States, our expatriate guides to living in major U.S. cities will arm you with everything you need to make these metropolis cities your own.
Live the American dream with the Expat Info Desk
Recent article comments
- Randy Cone So is it better to let the SSA direct deposit to a foreign country, or deposit to a US bank and do the transfer yourself? Does SSA transfer US dollars or do they do a currency conversion? If they...
- david_romm As the son of Russian immigrants and a native Russian speaker, I greatly enjoyed myself in Divnogorsk. I felt like I had entered into a different lifestyle and it was painful to return back to the...
- Malcolm Martin im a britsh citizen living in usa with my wife and im disabled can i apply for carers allowance for my wife ?
- Luiz Antonio Kesselring Hi Derek, why don´t you exame the possibility of became a sailor? There is a lot of sites of couples living in a sailboat, luiz from Brasil...good luck
- Lilo Moura Thank you for your comments.