Big bold, brash and spectacularly diverse, the USA encompasses a wide variety of natural and cultural marvels, from candyfloss-fueled theme parks to mountains, national parks and nature reserves, wild Atlantic coasts and fascinating swamps and marshlands.
Each of the USA’s major cities offers its own unique brand of lifestyle. New York bursts with energy from noon to night, Boston, Washington and Philadelphia are more somber pillars of American history where expats enjoy a modern and enjoyable pace of life, Los Angeles is the place of dreams and new beginnings where daily life can take on a surreal edge, living in Chicago is a study in rich and revealing contrasts and Houston offers a massive concrete jungle with a quintessentially Texas honky-tonk core. If you consider the relocation to the USA, here you may check job opportunities for expats.
Outside (and inside in some cases) of the major cities, the United States is rich in natural beauty and the US has officially ring-fenced over 700 official wilderness areas that cover an area of over 100 million acres. This means that the USA is an explorer’s paradise and expatriates will find an amazing country to explore right on their doorstep. You can run your luck with the alligators in the murky swamps of the Florida Everglades, perch on the edge of a crater in the Cascades mountain range, venture to a remote trapper’s camp in the wilderness of the Brushkana Creek Valley or take a scenic drive through the Death Valley National Park. Whatever you choose to do, there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy an enriching escape from America’s hectic city life.
The United States is a country that was formed by the pioneers, explorers and immigrants who traveled across countries and continents seeking religious freedom, new lands and prosperity. What remains is the third most populous country in the world and a melting pot of different cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. People from all over the world are attracted to the US in search of their fortune and hoping to experience a piece of the magical charm and glory of this vast country.
If you’re considering relocating to the United States, our expatriate guides to living in major U.S. cities will arm you with everything you need to make these metropolis cities your own.
Live the American dream with the Expat Info Desk
Recent article comments
- Michael Bourke I am about to turn 50 and am thinking of relocating my life to the country of my birth, can I obtain citzenship having been born in Vietnam in 1973? I was adopted to Australia as an infant but my...
- berry snow i am dying to move to south korea when i am older (i want to go about 18 ys old) and i have been watching kdramas for years i really enjoy them 1000/10 and i am in love with bts and kpop, i really...
- humanlabrat What is a good rental website that has English support?
- Kennedy Gary Hey petra Eva! have you traveled to South Africa?
- Bobby Hadley I'm moving to Cebu in the Philippines I currently bank with chase bank what's the best option for this