Big bold, brash and spectacularly diverse, the USA encompasses a wide variety of natural and cultural marvels, from candyfloss-fueled theme parks to mountains, national parks and nature reserves, wild Atlantic coasts and fascinating swamps and marshlands.
Each of the USA’s major cities offers their own unique brand of lifestyle. New York bursts with energy from noon to night, Boston, Washington and Philadelphia are more somber pillars of American history where expats enjoy a modern and enjoyable pace of life, Los Angeles is the place of dreams and new beginnings where daily life can take on a surreal edge, living in Chicago is a study in rich and revealing contrasts and Houston offers a massive concrete jungle with a quintessentially Texas honky-tonk core.
Outside (and inside in some cases) of the major cities, the United States is rich in natural beauty and the US has officially ring-fenced over 700 official wilderness areas that cover an area of over 100 million acres. This means that the USA is an explorer’s paradise and expatriates will find an amazing country to explore right on their doorstep. You can run your luck with the alligators in the murky swamps of the Florida Everglades, perch on the edge of a crater in the Cascades mountain range, venture to a remote trapper’s camp in the wilderness of the Brushkana Creek Valley or take a scenic drive through the Death Valley National Park. Whatever you choose to do, there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy an enriching escape from America’s hectic city life.
The United States is a country that was formed by the pioneers, explorers and immigrants who traveled across countries and continents seeking religious freedom, new lands and prosperity. What remains is the third most populous country in the world and a melting pot of different cultures, nationalities and backgrounds. People from all over the world are attracted to the US in search of their fortune and hoping to experience a piece of the magical charm and glory of this vast country.
If you’re considering relocating to the United States, our expatriate guides to living in major U.S. cities will arm you with everything you need to make these metropolis cities your own.
Live the American dream with the Expat Info Desk
Recent article comments
- Jane Whisler I can’t see a way a kid could survive all this without getting an anxiety “disorder”. Glad there’s a forum for us.
- Jane Whisler Exactly. Often praised as being “adaptable”, well yes, we had no choice and I agree that that was because a sense of self was long gone. Sure, I appreciated see the museums and castles but that...
- Jane Whisler This all rings true to me. 7 years moving between Europe and the States did a number on both myself and my brothers lives. Last stop at 14 in Geneva was fun for us both, the International school was a...
- LawAbidingExpat “ Why is that? Are you planning to earn some money and hide it from your home country's tax service.” The vast majority of Americans who live and work outside of the US need bank accounts local...
- Martinwarth schneider am martin living currently in uganda i need advice on how much is the rent , job state in southafrica , food there planning to relocate there need help please