From the modern, thriving cities and the mesmerizing outback that separates them, to the laid back coastline and fascinating heritage—Australia is a country that is characterized by a distinct and rich environment. Expatriates living in Australia will find that they have everything they need in one, albeit vast, country. You can relax on one of the stunning beaches of the Whitsundays, dive the amazing Great Barrier reef, trek through the northern rainforests or watch the sunset over the beautiful Sydney skyline; whatever you choose to do, you will never be disappointed.
Despite the fact that Australia is almost the same size as the USA in terms of landmass, it has a relatively small population of only 18 million people. This means that it is a place where you can learn the true meaning of the word remote. The Outback, which bridges the vast areas between different cities, is a red dusty desert, where blue skies and remarkable geological features combine to create a spectacular landscape. Elsewhere in this immense country you will find other areas of natural beauty including the Blue Mountains, Australian Alps, Flinders Ranges, Kangaroo Island, The Kimberley and Nigaloo to name but a few.
The expat lifestyle on offer in Australia is admired and sought after the world over and expatriates from all corners of the globe flock to the land down under in search of gorgeous beaches, laidback culture and modern, comfortable living environments. It is estimated that 43% of the current population were either born overseas or have one parent overseas and this means that expats can expect a diverse culture that encompasses many different races, religions and nationalities.
Our expat guides to cities in Australia are perfect for people who are considering relocating to this part of the world. They provide you with all the information you need when moving overseas and are written by expatriates who have first hand experience of living in Australia.
Experience life in a country so big and diverse that you may never want to leave.
Learn more on our Melbourne Expatrirate City Guide
Also, check out the Sydney Expat Destination Page!
Recent article comments
- berry snow i am dying to move to south korea when i am older (i want to go about 18 ys old) and i have been watching kdramas for years i really enjoy them 1000/10 and i am in love with bts and kpop, i really...
- humanlabrat What is a good rental website that has English support?
- Kennedy Gary Hey petra Eva! have you traveled to South Africa?
- Bobby Hadley I'm moving to Cebu in the Philippines I currently bank with chase bank what's the best option for this
- Roland Webster How did you get on? My wife and I are thinking of doing exactly the same and have the same questions. Could you please help us Thank you. Roland.