Posted by Catherine 25th April 2016 11:05 GMT, 0 repliesFilters: United Kingdom Tax

I am considering a permanent move to the UK. My Canadian assets include RRSP accounts and private mortgages which mature in 2017.

Q.1) Can I leave my RRSPs where they are with my Canadian broker and pay tax on withdrawals without further tax consequences?

Q. 2) As I have already paid tax on interest income from the mortgages and will only receive back my original capital, will there be any tax consequences if, on redemption, I transfer the cash into my UK bank account?


There are currently no replies for this topic, be the first to write one.

Post reply

Comment as a guest

Your comment will always be moderated though. Why not register?

Already registered? Sign-in

If you've already got an account with us you can sign-in below.

Please note we reserve the right to moderate all topics and replies posted.

Back to top