Nobel prize winner Gabriel Garcia Marquez once referred to the “awesome reality” of South America. Encompassing thirteen countries that lie between the turquoise waters of the Caribbean, the deep seas of the Atlantic Ocean and the mighty Pacific, South America is a fascinating and beautiful area of the world that fits this description perfectly. A place where civilizations were born, grew and vanished, this continent harbors a magical and mysterious environment that lures expatriates from all over the world.
South America is perhaps one of the richest countries on the planet when it comes to beautiful natural scenery. From the breathtaking waterfalls of Iguazau on the boarder of Argentina and Brazil; to the magnificent glaciers, pristine lakes and vast, wind-swept vistas of South America’s most southern realms; to the expansive stretches of virgin beaches in Guyana, to the delicate ecosystem of the Amazon rainforest or the breathtaking salt flats of Bolivia, expatriates who live in this area of the world will find an endless array of some of the most magnificent sights imaginable.
The culture that is in evidence throughout the region is just as diverse as the landscape. In some areas of the country tribes live in exactly the same way as their indigenous ancestors, while others have become home to immigrants from Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. Each of these groups brings their own distinct culture and traditions and this has created a vibrant population that gives each country in the continent a unique and interesting flavor. Expatriates who call this area of the world home will have plenty of opportunity to really experience life living among different people and will have an incredibly rich experience.
Adventure is waiting in South America; go there with the Expat Info Desk.
Recent article comments
- berry snow i am dying to move to south korea when i am older (i want to go about 18 ys old) and i have been watching kdramas for years i really enjoy them 1000/10 and i am in love with bts and kpop, i really...
- humanlabrat What is a good rental website that has English support?
- Kennedy Gary Hey petra Eva! have you traveled to South Africa?
- Bobby Hadley I'm moving to Cebu in the Philippines I currently bank with chase bank what's the best option for this
- Roland Webster How did you get on? My wife and I are thinking of doing exactly the same and have the same questions. Could you please help us Thank you. Roland.