Posted by sree 7th December 2017 08:37 GMT, 1 replyFilters: India General


I am US citizen living in India. My husband is an indian national. He has 40 points required for getting retirement benefits. Since he is not US citizen he will not be able to get retirement benefits.

Since I am US citizen, can I claim retirement benefits as spouse?

Increase Tipton10th December 2017 02:31 GMT

Go o to the Sociaal Security website & ask them. It's one of if not the best governmental web site Ive sen in the US.And, they are nice to talk to. Im pretty sure its ok, & of course, it will and it will be a Direct Deposit to a bank.
Post reply

Comment as a guest

Your comment will always be moderated though. Why not register?

Already registered? Sign-in

If you've already got an account with us you can sign-in below.

Please note we reserve the right to moderate all topics and replies posted.

Back to top