Toronto preview


There are a various number of internships that are available for those wishing to experience working and learning in Canada. While there are a variety of options available, the majority of internships in Canada can be found in the areas of environmental sciences and natural resources.

If you wish to pursue an internship in Canada, you may need to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa. Click here to find out how, or to see if you are exempt from needing a TRV to stay in Canada.

If you are pursuing a paid internship, it is important that you acquire a work permit before entering the country. Work permits are required of all foreigners wishing to work in Canada, regardless of whether you require a visa. For information on how to acquire a work permit, click here.

If your internship is unpaid, it is unlikely you will need a work permit. You may, however, need to apply for a study permit. Click this link for more information on study permits in Canada.