London preview

United Kingdom

While there are no vaccination requirements for the UK, it's always a good idea to be up-to-date with common vaccinations. Routine child vaccinations including those for measles, rubella, mumps, Meningococcal C, Hepatitis B and chicken pox should be administered and updated as needed. Other vaccinations that you might want to ask your doctor about are the Flu Shot (Influenza) and Hepatitis A & B.

Before you leave your home country, make sure you have a thorough health check-up. Don't leave it to the last minute. Also insure that you have a record of your vaccinations, you never know when this might come handy. Check that your insurance covers you for medical problems. Until you are certain of your status and registered with a GP, you will need health cover.

There are reciprocal medical arrangements between the UK and the EEA for which you will need a European Health Insurance card (EHIC). This card must be obtained before departure from your home country. Check out the Department of Health website to ascertain what your entitlement is: