Asia is bold, brash and mysterious. Your senses are bombarded almost as soon as you step off the plane, from the bright colors of the traditional dress through to the strong pungent smells of the local delicacies, it is often a region that can be both overwhelming and mind-boggling.
Geographically vast, Asia offers access to fascinating cultures and diverse people. The region is spiritually rich and seamlessly fuses sacred beliefs and customs that cover a wide spectrum of different religions including Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Christianity. One cannot fail to be captivated by the ancient traditions, religious practices and heavily-worshipped deities.
Asia is a place where you can try weird and wonderful culinary concoctions that represent the local flavors and exotic ingredients of the region. From the sticky fragrant rice of Thailand and the rich, deep curries of India and Malaysia, through to the more adventurous Chinese and Vietnamese dishes that may be enough to turn even the strongest stomachs, the sweet tastes of many of the delicious cuisines on offer both fascinate and delight.
Living in Asia promises to be both challenging and enlightening. Language, cultural and social barriers can mean that navigating the vast cities of the region is tough at times and cultural shock is bound to hit at some point. Yet Asia is a continent that offers a truly unique opportunity to experience a different side of life and once you have overcome the initial hurdles and become accustomed to the hustle and bustle of everyday life, you will discover interesting people, fascinating cultures… and yourself.
If you are lucky enough to be relocating to Asia, a truly unforgettable experience awaits.
Uncover the mysteries of Asia with our expat guides.
Beach paradises, phenomenal landscapes, dense rainforests, arid desserts, sparkling seas, cosmopolitan cities and flourishing vineyards, Australasia is a boundless continent that surprises, thrills and amazes. The countries of New Zealand and Australia are extremely popular destinations for expatriates and both locations often feature in published lists of the best places in the world in which to live. It is easy to see why. High standards of living combined with a fulfilling outdoor lifestyle, developed cities and more adrenaline-packed adventures than you could wish for, Australasia really does seem to have it all.
Expatriates living in this area of the world will get the opportunity to experience the comforts of living in the developed cities that are found in Australia and New Zealand while benefiting from ease of access to some of the remote pacific islands that retain the serenity and unspoilt natural beauty that were once enjoyed by the first colonial explorers.
Both New Zealand and Australia offer expatriates a chance to sample the welcoming and magical cultures of the native people and the locals are renowned for being some of the friendliest people on earth. Although the population originally developed from a mixture of Aborigines, Maori and British and Irish descendents, the last 30 years has seen an influx of people from all over the world and expats are now part of the furniture.
Whether you are looking to put your sense of adventure to the test in New Zealand or embrace the wild, untamed nature of the outback, this is an area of the world that knows no bounds.
Experience the grandeur and dynamism of this amazing continent with the Expat Info Desk.
Recent article comments
- Jot Dow It's good to learn Thai language before you go. I used KruuMui dot com to learn Thai and it really helped to know how to read thai script and speak Thai.
- Jessica Scott Romano If there are any Americans looking to move to Italy, I recently published a book called How to Be an American in Italy: 55 Insider Tips for Avoiding Miscommunications, Misunderstandings, and...
- Flybear I think a lot of commenters here are parents and not kids ... I know a lot of Expat kids and I have first hand experience and none of us Expat kids has only positive experiences being an Expat child....
- Serhan Yenilmez Any chance to find a job in Singapour as a seasoned industrial designer and interior architect?
- Walker Texas Stranger They decided to stay here and ruin the USA unfortunately. Now I'm seriously looking for a place that respects rule of law without insane woke culture, which lead me to look at France. I might bring...