Hong Kong has 13 radio channels: seven operated by the government-owned Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK), three by Commercial Radio, and three by Metro Broadcast, which supply a variety of programs. In addition, Star TV offers two radio channels and carries two BBC World Service channels.of these stations broadcast in English.
Five of these stations broadcast in English:
- Radio 3 (AM567) covers local and international news, and focuses on easy-listening music.
- Radio 4 (FM97.6) is chiefly classical music plus some jazz and literary readings
- Radio 6 BBC (AM675) is the BBC World Service which broadcasts around the clock.
- Quote AM864, operated by Commercial Radio, is a non-stop music channel playing a diverse range of tunes and even offers foreign language programs in Urdu and Nepalese.
- AM1044, operated by Metro Broadcast, is dedicated to current affairs, music, news and weather reports and also offers foreign language programs for the multi-cultural population in Hong Kong.